Thursday, May 31, 2012
Monday, May 21, 2012
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Episode 62: The Lost Caverns of Tjocanth
- Gary Gygax wrote Lost Caverns and the published module came from an earlier tournament module.
- The art, design and writing are adequate.
- A wilderness crawl in the module is good, a dungeon crawl pedestrian.
- Lost Caverns of Tjocanth gets a 10 on a d20 roll.
- It lends itself to a Blood Meridian the RPG style of play.
Wednesday, May 02, 2012
Episode 61: Children of Pain
- I have not been comfortable with the depictions of demi-humans since reading "Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee."
- Grumpy hurts Acererak's feelings.
- Writer John Wick tries a somewhat novel take on "orks."
- The art is somewhat disappointing.
- Most of the book is good.
- However, it will have a limited appear as many gamers want orks as potato-chip monsters (crunch all you want), not as player characters.
- Children of Pain gets a 15 on a d20 roll.