Friday, March 23, 2012
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Episode 58: World War Z
- A video review of the novel "World War Z" by Max Brooks,
- Soylet Green! Now Greenier!
- Brooks, son of Mel Brooks, wrote a zombie doomsday book,
- It is one of the best horror novel written,
- Brooks took inspiration for the tone and structure of World War Z from Stud's Turkel's "The Good War,"
- World War Z has survivors of the war telling their stories,
- Unfortunately, the narrators sound somewhat flat owing to similar grammar and reading grade level, even between very different characters,
- It is also an oddly optimistic book for a zombie horror novel,
- Still, it is a great read and highly recommended for anyone interested in a zombie story,
- Soylet Green, a Fullbodied Snack!
Monday, March 19, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012
Friday, March 09, 2012
This has nothing to do with today being my 139th birthday...
A nightmarish thing of unimaginable imagination dwelling in horror for a scintillion of years shuffles from bottomless murk… and it is wearing a cheap business suit and gesturing towards you with a clipboard.
Wednesday, March 07, 2012
Episode 57: Plan 9 from Outer Space
- Grumpy Predicts!
- Plan 9 is not the worst movie ever.
- Grumpy provides a brief discussion of the film
- Acererak talks about gaydar.
- Grumpy proposes deliberately recreating something like “Plan 9” in a game, for laughs.
- Alternatly, the PCs see all these flaws in the world around them and the NPCs don’t know what the hell they are talking about.
- Plan 9 gets a “the dice don’t work that way” -20 on a d20 roll; so bad it is good.
- Acererak says something disturbing about the film.
- Future games will affect you… in the future!