Episode 43: The Failed David E Kelley Wonder Woman Pilot
- Grumpy and Acererak are stealing Hippolyta’s tsipouro. Don’t tell nobody.
- Grumpy says the pilot had, on paper at least, great talent on both side of the camera.
- However, the pilot suffers from a crippling lack of focus, a bewildering plot and at best mediocre camera and lighting work.
- Kelley seemed to try to write Wonder Woman as both Jack Bauer and Ally McBeal at the same time.
- Acererek says Jack Bauer once beat a pizza delivery guy with a telephone book.
- The performances of the actors – particularly Elizabeth Hurley and Adrianne Palicki - are pretty good.
- Who the fuck thought a mopey Wonder Woman was a good idea?
- The pilot gets a 5 on a d20 and mostly serves as an example of what not to do.
Note: I was trying something different with the microphone… and it did not work the way I wanted, so the audio quality is less than what I wanted it to be. However, overall I am satisfied with how this episode came out.